Wednesday, March 5, 2008

"What color are burps?"




The other day I was cleaning up breakfast in a hurry. I had a huge list of things to do and I was in that state of mind that I get in when I'm busy, stressed, and overloaded. Ava kept pulling on my leg and I kept telling her to "hold on" (a phrase I remember my own mother using when more than one thing was demanding her attention). When I finally broke from whatever important task I was doing - probably something like wiping down the counter - Ava asked me a question I have never been asked. This question is one that most kids apparently know the answer to because my 8 year old, Lucy, knew the answer immediately when asked later.

"What color are burps?"

"I don't know."

"They're purple."

2 comments:

The Kyles said...

I knew that. But Jeff's are blue. Don't ask me how I know. I'm just smart like that. and that was a great blog.

Haley said...

Man, whenever I pull underwear out of the wash, I swear I see brown. Just a reminder of how diverse the world is. remember to be nice no matter what color.