Friday, May 9, 2008

Tomorrow


When I put my kids to bed, I like to tell them if there is anything exciting happening the next day. This is a trick I learned to keep them in bed, so they can enjoy the exciting event the next day. Giving my kids something to look forward to helps them fall asleep happy. Most of what I tell my 3 1/2-year-old, Ava, has to do with having a play date with her best friend, Lily.

Ava has been asking me the same thing,frequently: "Mama....in the morning, is it going to be tomorrow, in the morning?" I always laugh at that because it's so redundant and cute. But, really, Ava thinks that "tomorrow" is a special occasion. I discovered this when I asked her some questions about "tomorrow."

Me: "Ava, when is Christmas coming?"

Ava: "Tomorrow."

Me: "How about when Nana comes. When is she going to come to visit us?"

Ava: "Um, tomorrow."

Me: "When is your birthday?"

Ava: "In the summer. Tomorrow."

Wouldn't it be great if we could view the world like that? Tomorrow is a going to be a really great day, full of joy, fun, and people we love. Maybe this is why children have so much energy and happiness.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I feel like breaking out into song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0daTVnJmt8